Fodi site logo

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Search:     Advanced search
+  Fodi at Baldninja.com
|-+  Fodi: The Forums
| |-+  Off The Beaten Path
| | |-+  Graduation Gifts
Pages: [1]
Topic: Graduation Gifts  (Read 6160 times) Print
Lindsay

Position: Soldier of Justice

Last night my brother approached me about a graduation gift. He kept hassling me to find out what I want. I honestly haven't given it any thought. The only thing I had specifically requested (other than a laptop which I'm getting) I have since found out I cannot have in my dorm. Granted, that was like $70 so that's $70 saved (except not really because I will have one).  

Anyway, I told him that I didn't know what I wanted or what I would need & so that maybe money would be the best way to go. He said that'd be ok but he hates giving money; he likes people actually having something to remember him by. He then suggested taking me out shopping & giving me 3 hours to get anything I wanted & he'd buy it. I kind of like this. However, I know he'll be ridiculously poor by the end. I mean, he has the money to spend but I'd feel bad making my brother poor. So I doubt this'll happen (though that'd be AMAZING). Anyway, should I go for the money or for a gift? And if a gift, any ideas??
-------------------------------
She's so deliciously low, so horribly dirty.
Very Sleepy People

"Sed omnia praeclara tam difficilia quam rara sunt."
 IP: [ Logged ] View Profile WWW Email
Dasha

Tell him to buy you a Visa gift card, because then you can decide later what you want to get when you need it.
img]http://www.nightmasks.org/dasha-doll1.gif[/img]
I look like this. Really, I swear.
Lindsay

Heh. We all went out to dinner last night & we discussed it while we were eating. I told him that he could buy me a dvd player & my dad could buy me a television. My brother seemed saddened, though. He said he was looking to spend like $400 or $500. I also threw out the idea to buy me a Lovesac. However, this did not go over well. My father now thinks I'm a hussie in the making (I suppose any father would be reluctant to buy his baby girl something called a Lovesac)... when in reality I just want a flipping Lovesac because they're comfortable (and expensive, but whatever). I'm GOING to have a Lovesac one way or another. It'll just be the first $400 I spend once I graduate. And then I'll be poor. But I'll have a Lovesac, so poverty is ok.
Very Sleepy People

Steve

Group: Administrator
Position: Hiyah-weizen

What is a lovesac?  :wink:

... have him buy you a cell phone. And pay for the year of service :mrgreen: Or if he wants to spend $500, have him get you a TV. There is a nice Philips 30" Widescreen HDTV "monitor" (you'd have to get something seperate to tune HD signals) for about that.
Steve
In  the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower's a perfect one
Lindsay

The greatest thing in existence, that's what.

Hmmm. I dunno. I get whatever they get me. And I heard the TV reception in many of the dorms kinda sucks, or something like odd numbered rooms have bad reception in one dorm. I dunno. It's weird. But I wanted a dvd player so I could have movie fests because I'm me & that's what I do.  :P Granted, I have like.. 3 dvds total, but if I have a dvd player I'll have more incentive to become poor buying dvds. And the cell phone thing... I've been working on him. I dunno if it's gonna happen. He brought up the issue of me losing it or breaking it. I have yet to come up with a good argument for that because well, it's true... there's a decent chance I'll get a cell phone, though. Maybe. Hopefully.
Very Sleepy People

Steve

Group: Administrator
Position: Hiyah-weizen

Get the insurance on your phone. It costs more up front ($50? $80?) but they will give you a new phone for free if it is lost, broken, or stolen.

And yes. The lovesac rocks.
Steve
In  the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower's a perfect one
« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: